Ads

Monday, May 26, 2014

Slow Cooker: Baked Spaghetti Squash

Recipe and picture by Kim Truitt Southers :)





 Quick sauce:
- large can of crushed tomatoes (I season myself, but see then with basil & oregano already in them)
-1 onion

-1 bell pepper
- garlic (I like 3-5 cloves)
- mushrooms, Italian, sausage, or whatever you like
-1 small - med spaghetti squash
- shredded cheese (I've never met a cheese I didn't like)

The spaghetti squash can be cooked whole (well pierced) or halved & seeded then cooked. Crockpot-2? Hours on high with a little water for steam, 15-18 min in the micro or 30-45 min @350 in oven (I use a bit of water for steam). 

Mix sauce, cheese & squash. I prefer to bake mine for 20-30 min to brown the cheese, but it's not necessary. (When we didn't have an oven, I'd just put it all in the crock & leave it on "warm" until we were ready to eat it. )

No comments:

Post a Comment