Ads

Monday, August 18, 2014

Ninja System: Cowboy Casserole

Recipe and pictures by Wendy Copper :)






1lb ground beef, browned and drained. (If you don't have a Ninja where you can brown the beef, just use the really low fat meat)
1 onion, diced
1 can red kidney beans, undrained
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup frozen corn (I just used a can of corn, drained)
6 medium potatoes, sliced (I used like 7 of the small red ones)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Couple garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp oregano (I didn't have that, so I used Italian blend seasoning)
Couple of beef bouillon cubes, optional
Salt/pepper to taste
*My additions were half a red bell pepper and a half of a jalapeno, diced*
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (add at end of cooking)
Mix everything together in crockpot (except the cheese) , cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 4hrs. Add cheese on top layer the last hour of cooking. *I just added cheese in my bowl*
**Also mine came out really watery for some reason,so I added cornstarch at end to thicken**Anyways, tasted yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment