Ads

Friday, August 1, 2014

Ninja System: Cuban Chicken and Rice

Recipe by Michelle Bowers Gebers (adapted from one of the recipes on one of the Ninja Facebook groups) :)





2tbsp. Olive oil
3Tbsp butter
1lb chicken breast meat (I bought boneless, skinless because that's what I like)
1 large onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1 stalk celery, chopped (I left that put but added a package of fresh nushrooms)
1 c. Long grain rice
16oz. Chicken stock (I just used Swanson broth)
1c. Frozen Peas
Salt and pepper chicken (I used tenderloins so no cutting). Turn Ninja on stove top high and brown chicken. Then remove that and add onion, pepper and in my case mushrooms and cook until onion is tender. 
Add your garlic and spices and continue to cook until fragrant. Your truck will smell wonderful! 
Add celery and rice and stir to coat with oil. Then add chicken stock and being to a boil. 
Next, add your chicken back in and set to oven temp of 375°. Bake for 25 minutes. After the timer shuts off, add your frozen peas and leave sit for about 5 minutes or so, until peas are hot.
Serve. Sooo good!!

 Oh! One more thing! The recipe called for one packet of Sazon Goya, whatever that is. Someone made a comment that it tastes like cilantro, and since I HATE cilantro with a PASSION, I left that little ingredient out

No comments:

Post a Comment