Ads

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Slow Cooker: Soup Beans

Recipe and pictures by Bill Rodney :)




Couple things for you guys today: as previously mentioned, I'm no longer cooking from the truck, and instead of truck food I'll be posting BBQ methods and tips primarily. As such, I'm re-christening Grape Ape Cantina to Big Bear BBQ (bears are my fav animal and I collect them if you wonder about the background ). Now, one to the food!
Making some soup beans in the crockpot today. Here's my recipe:
1) Sort, wash in a colander, soak a lb of beans overnight in enough water to cover by an inch or two
2) In the am, rinse them if you want to (I never do) then add the following: 1 stick of butter, 1/2 lb of smoked pork neck bones, garlic, onion, cilantro, pepper (all 3 to taste), and some liquid smoke.
3) Low for 6 hours stirring occasionally. Last hour or so pull the neck bones, strip the little bits of meat off and toss it back in the pot, then add 2 tablespoons or Ma Se Ca yellow corn flour and stir WELL with a wisk.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment