Ads

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Burton Lunchbox: Estofao

Recipe and pictures by Josh Quitugua :)






Dinner tonight is a recipe from my home, Guam. We call it estofao'. Filipinos have a very similar dish called adobo. Chicken in a soy sauce, vinegar, and water broth with minced garlic, black pepper, and onions. Mix 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water and soy sauce, add minced garlic and black pepper. Put in the Burton Digital Stove and cook at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours. After about 2 hours mix in the sliced half (or more) of onion and cook at 350 degrees for at least another hour. Served on a bed of Annie Chungs' steamed microwaveable rice. The rice you see here isn't Annie Chung's though. I get these by the six pack at an Asian Mart near where I live in Tacoma, WA. Annie Chung's are just a very similar brand you can find at WalMart that comes in the same container. I'll post the finished pictures before my student and I eat all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment